
This year Tom decided to run in the St. George Marathon so he is training to get ready for it in October. Part of the fun (I guess you can call it fun) is that we've been running in a few 5K runs. I'm not training for a marathon but thought it would be fun to run with him in these 5K's. They're not that long of races, but it's been a really fun thing to do together. We're gearing up for a 10K for July 4th. I know Tom will make it, but I don't know about me. 
(above) At the Law day run in Salt Lake
(to the right)At the BYU "Break the Silence" run against abuse and pornography. Tom pushed the girls in the stroller while he ran. They had fun, but we might not do it this way again. :)
A few from our family ran too. Way to go Sarah, Adam, Emily, Jake, Sydney, and Jon!
Jun 15, 2008
ON YOUR MARK, GET SET, GO!!!
Posted by Schofield's at 1:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm so proud of both of you! I LOVE that first picture of you guys. It totally reminds me of the Darby in my memory - sweatshirt, ponytail, smile, even your posture - it's just so you. Does this make sense? Anyway, someday I'll have to tell you about when Sarah and I ran a 10k; let's just say that it was my first and last. They put the drink stands along the way down before we past them...even the ambulance passed us! Not good.
I love running in 5k's I hope you guys enjoyed it. There's something great about everyone running together and the energy that is felt. Good Luck on the Marathon Tom, one day I hope to run in one too.
Way to go Darby! I agree..there is something about races..gives you a litte rush, despite how fast you finish. Looks like fun!
Awesome! Way to go!!!!!
Post a Comment