Jun 11, 2008

Lucy's 1st Birthday!!!

So, Lucy turned 1 on June 4. I'm a little late getting to it because we celebrated it on June 10. On her birthday we were driving home from Las Vegas after spending some time with Matt and family, and while driving home we found out Tom's grandma died. So, the next day Tom took off to Oregon for the funeral. He came home three days later and then the next day we were finally able to celebrate it. Good thing she's only one and had no clue what was going on, or else we would have had to figure something else out. Needless to say it's been a crazy couple of weeks, but fun! Here are some pics of Lucy at her birthday party.


Abby said that Lucy really wants a pink and purple heart cake. So, alas we made a pink and purple heart cake. I thought it turned out quite nicely. :)


We had some cake left over so I cut some more heart pieces and let Abby decorate herself. She frosted and everything. She thought it was the coolest thing to do. And I must say that I think she did a pretty good job.

At first, Lucy wasn't so sure she liked all this attention. But then she warmed up to it when Tom put her on his lap.



4 comments:

J Fo said...

I have to say that I'm totally impressed with your cake making skills. I can't evevn do a two-layered round cake with out mangeling it! Lucy has such a sweet smile. Doesn't it just melt your heart?

Terry and Amber Andrews said...

I love the last picture of Lucy she has that great smile. She looks like she enjoyed her b-day.

Autum said...

First b-day's are so fun! I love your cakes! You are way creative. What a fun day.

Sarah said...

Darby- Cute Cake! That's so fun! I'm glad Lucy had a 1st good birthday! She's so cute! And I love the pics of her...WOW, she's photogenic!